Thursday, August 18, 2016

Another New Year...

Once again the signs that summer is drawing to a close are everywhere---the school supplies that appeared on the store shelves July 5, the popup Halloween store appeared the first week in August, and yesterday my back to school letter came in the mail!  Time to start thinking about putting my art room together.

When I visited school this week none of my order had arrived, so I decided to start putting together one of the bulletin boards outside my room...

Last week I came across this post on BuzzFeed and thought it would make an awesome art bulletin board.  Pokémon has become an amazing phenomenon this summer and I am going to follow the lead of many major art museums and embrace it.  Thanks to Sarah Wainschel for creating these hidden Pokémon masterpieces that I printed and used for my board.  She creatively photoshopped a different Pokémon into each painting.  The challenge will be for my students to find where each Pokémon is hiding!  Look carefully...can you find them?











I framed them with border to give the pictures a finished look and printed out images of the hidden characters from the Pokédex.   I stapled each character next to the picture it was hidden in so the the students would know who they were searching for.  Finally, I labeled each picture with the title, artist, and year to incorporate some art history/appreciation learning into the Pokémon hunting fun!


Now I just need to add a title, and one bulletin board down...two to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment